Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Point of No Return, Part I

I’m a firm believer in pacing myself, but Lauren has informed me in her kind and loving way (translated - threatened with a large stick) that blogging once a month is not acceptable.

Much has happened since I last put my long digits to the keyboard. On June 21, 2008, our dear friends hosted an incredible engagement party for us. Lauren and I fondly refer to this event as the "Point of No Return, Part I." According to Lauren, we are now "really committed" to getting married. The "Point of No Return, Part II" is the day the wedding invitations go in the mail (this happened last Tuesday), followed closely by the "Point of No Return, Part III," the actual wedding day (remember to stand with knees bent to avoid fainting).

As we've observed our married friends, we've also become aware of another momentous day in a couple's journey together known as the "Day You Completely Lose Your Mind" or "Serenity Now!" more commonly referred to as the day child number one arrives.

We are grateful to our families and friends, some of whom traveled a long way to attend, for celebrating this special occasion with us. I'm especially grateful my other girlfriend Lady Jane (aka the Bronze Goddess) came. Here she is with Lauren ...

It was a wonderful evening, creating memories for a lifetime. And best of all, no one fell in the pool. Special thanks to Tom and Linda for hosting the event.

No comments: