Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fourth of July at the Beach!

JC and I haven't been tending the blog much recently. Between finishing graduate school, planning the wedding, selling houses, looking for a new house, work and travel ... we haven't had much time. But my future sister-in-law's blog inspired me. I figure that if she has three wild and crazy kids and still finds time to post new entries on her blog, so can I!

JC and I were in San Diego with the Sandberg family for the Fourth of July. JC had flown out a few days before me. While left to his own devices, he and his nephew, Ryland, hatched a little "Welcome to San Diego" surprise for me. I started getting nervous when Ryland told me repeatedly while waiting for my baggage in the airport that he and Uncle J. had a surprise, but that I had to be in my bathing suit to get it! The next day I came out of the bathroom, swimsuit clad, to a spray of super-soakers. Welcome to the family Aunt Lauren!

Super-soakers aside, we had a great time in San Diego! JC thought it would be fun to bury Ryland while were at the beach one day. I think Ryland thought it was pretty fun too! Here he is completely buried ...

No comments: