Monday, June 23, 2008

Our "Invitation Situation"

JC and I have worked with quite a few wedding vendors over the past four months. Some of them have been good (our cake lady) and some have been not so good (I'll dish on that offline). There are a few, though, who have gone above and beyond the call of duty and Megan Bailey with Pink Piggy Design is one of them.

Let me preface this post by admitting to you all that I have a full-blown obsession with stationery. Card stock, monograms, envelope liners … I LOVE IT! In fact, a few years ago, I gave personalized stationery to the members of my association’s political action committee as their annual gift. I’m quite certain that they all (especially those old-school railroad guys who work in Safety and Operations) rank it among the greatest of gifts ever received! So, knowing all this, you can only imagine what a painstaking process the wedding invitations were for me (and JC too).

"Pre-Piggy," we combed through book after book of invitations, dealt with more than a few snobby salesladies and stared in disbelief at the estimates they provided. Finally, JC, my wonderful down-to-earth fiancé, suggested that an evite might be the way to go!

By the beginning of April I was starting to get really nervous and I could tell that JC's patience was thinning. My future sister-in-law, Nikki, and our wedding photographer, her friend Megan Holdsworth, got wind of our situation and suggested that I check out Pink Piggy Designs. Owner Megan Bailey is the sole designer for Pink Piggy. You can check out her fun and creative designs online at www.pinkpiggydesign.com. I was pretty smitten after looking at Megan's gallery, so I called her and she assured me that we could do all of the designs for the save the date annoucements and the invitations via e-mail. The added bonus ... she said it would take her only THREE WEEKS from start to finish! I'll admit, I was pretty skeptical after being told by countless invitation people that it would take them six to eight weeks! But, true to her word, she delivered the save the dates in three weeks and the invitations in two!

I want to thank Megan for working so tirelessly on the save the dates and invitations for our wedding. She is a very talented (and patient) lady. For all those that are interested, Megan has a wonderful blog, www.pinkpiggydesign.blogspot.com, that has all sorts of great ideas for brides. Here is a little preview of the invitation she created for us. They should be in your mailboxes by mid-July!

1 comment:

Megan Bailey - Pink Piggy said...

Lauren and JC~
I'm so happy to hear that you guys love them as much as I do! Thank you so much for letting me be apart of your wedding! Best of Wishes!