Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Paper, what paper?

JC can attest that this semester, my final one, has been all about procrastination for me. It has gotten to the point where I call him on Friday afternoon and he refuses to make plans until he knows how much of Monday’s paper I’ve finished … overachiever. In fact, while reading this blog post, he actually looked up the word "overachiever" in his trusty Merriam-Webster's dictionary (that he never leaves home without) then called to tell me that there is no hyphen in the word which I had originally hyphenated. He then read the definition aloud. I’ve tried to co-opt Mr. Smarty-Pants into “helping” me write these short 15 page papers I have due every week, but I think he can see through that guise (I may or may not have had my swimsuit on when I asked the question).

Tonight is another evening of the same … paper due tomorrow (currently almost/somewhat/more than half written) and no sense of urgency on my end. I think part of the problem is that my graduate program doesn’t offer any “last semester” type classes. I’m imagining something along the lines of Underwater Basketweaving, Shuffleboard with Dean Arterton, or maybe even Wedding Planning for Political Managers.

Anyway, this blog is providing a nice distraction for the moment. Poor JC sat trapped in a 5 hour ethics class today that was required for all those admitted to the DC Bar. I imagine that his demeanor was much like that of a caged animal awaiting his eventual release while attempting to conduct business via blackberry.

On another note, we are looking forward to having both the Sandberg and Jones families in town for our engagement party this weekend. I’m sure we’ll have some great stories and photos to share next week. In the meantime, I thought I would post the picture below for your amusement. JC and I went to a baseball game a couple of weeks ago with my very good friends Brooke and Brandon Oak. During the game Brooke was able to capture this little gem which is fairly representative of every picture that JC and I take together.

I hope and pray that our wedding photographer, Megan, can get him to do something other than this in our wedding pictures!

No comments: