Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Luck of the Irish

JC and I got back on Monday night from an amazing trip to the Florida Keys. Thanks to Scott and Vicki for a wonderful weekend spent at their beautiful home in Key Largo! It was such a treat to spend a few days away from home repairs and yard work!

JC and I arrived late on Friday evening. First thing on Saturday morning, we fired up the golf cart and went to the Ocean Reef Club per Scott's suggestion for their breakfast buffet. Our next stop was the pool (or one of the three pools) at the club. I must have been high on life, because about two hours after lounging poolside I realized that my legs were lobster red! After this trip I am certain that my husband believes that I am trying to sabotage each and every vacation we take. Last year in San Diego, I had to sit under an umbrella after about an hour on the beach. In Hawaii it was the dreaded heat rash and now, in Key Largo, a horrible sunburn. The best part - it was only on the lower half of my legs (apparently I only thought to apply sunscreen to the upper half). So, my parting gift from sunny Key Largo is horrible tan lines for the remainder of the summer (see below).

We didn't let it spoil our trip though. In between hourly applications of aloe vera, we enjoyed everything the Anglers Club/Ocean Reef Club had to offer.

Thanks so much, Scott and Vicki, for a wonderful trip!

No comments: