Tuesday, August 26, 2008

11 Days to Go ... and Homeless

It is hard to believe that the wedding is only 11 days away! Equally troubling (due solely to the multitude of tasks not yet accomplished) is the fact that at 2 p.m. tomorrow, I am officially homeless. What's more, is that a mere 10 days after returning from our honeymoon, we will both be homeless! I’m certain this is what every parent dreams of for his or her child ... that they fall in love, get married and move into the nearest homeless shelter.

Tonight, with the aid of my trusty Zipcar, I will be moving my stuff into JC's condo (or rather, the condo that he used to own and is renting). I made sure to pack all of the essential female items for his post-honeymoon induction into the "Lauren Jones Club." Among the items packed are:
  • A lovely set of decorative pillows for his bed,

  • The Notebook and Pride and Prejudice DVDs (blu-ray of course),

  • My TIVO box programmed to record all Barefoot Contessa episodes on the Food Network Channel, and,

  • A stowaway cat (or two).
I'm looking forward to spending the next 7 days staying at the home of one of my very best friends, Jeanne Haggerty. She and I will be crocheting tissue box covers for JC and my new home while watching HGTV.

No comments: