Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day and The Blessed Event

Both JC and my mom will tell you that my birthday is a sacred annual event. As a Christmas baby, my mom always made me feel like my birthday was really special, not just an extension of Jesus' birthday celebration. And JC has followed suit (after some belly aching on my part). He always makes sure to purchase birthday wrapping paper for my gifts and sometimes family members are required to wear special outfits.

Having just experienced my first Mother's Day, though, I might have a new favorite day! Not only does JC have to treat me like a queen, but eventually, my future snot-nosed kids will have to as well.

This Mother's Day was especially wonderful, because we blessed Bryn. Nana, Aunt Michelle, Aunt Nikki, Ryland and Jon all came to DC for the blessed event. For those not familiar with a baby blessing, here is the abridged version:

The LDS church does not baptize infants; instead, mormons "bless" their babies. It is a ceremony where a priesthood holder (usually the father of the child) will officially give the name of the baby and bless him or her with wonderful things. After this blessing, the baby officially goes on the records of the church.

Here are some pictures from the weekend. It was so much fun and we're looking forward to seeing Nana and the rest of the gang in San Diego in a few short weeks!



No comments: