Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Trip to the Firestation

My friend Teri just sent some great pictures of our recent field trip to see Fireman Gregg at the firestation so I thought I would share. Teri and her husband Mike have three great kids, one of whom loves anything that had to do fire (putting it out, not starting it). As luck would have it, I have a friend that is a fireman, Gregg. Gregg is married to my good friend Elizabeth.

As a side note, the story of Gregg and Elizabeth is one of my favorites. They met in a grocery store while Gregg was there buying food for the firehouse. Unfortunately, Gregg got called out on a fire in the middle of their conversation and he didn't get a chance to get Elizabeth's number. My friend is very resourceful, though; the next day she delivered cookies to his firestation and left her number. They've been together ever since.

Okay, back to our field trip. Teri and Mike met Fireman Gregg at our wedding and knew their son would enjoy meeting him. So, we arranged a trip to see Gregg at the firestation a couple of weeks ago. As you can probably tell from the pictures, JC and I ended up being way more into the whole fireman/firestation thing than the kids. We even got to sit in the trucks!

Thanks for the excellent field trip, Fireman Gregg!

No comments: