Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yeast Bread, my nemesis

I know that I should probably adhere to the "three strikes, you're out" rule. However, my latest and greatest failure has only strengthened my resolve to master dinner rolls and other yeasted breads.

I have tried to produce delicious, light dinner rolls three times now. I've tried the recipes from Williams Sonoma and Lion House Bakery (twice) with no success. Each time, the rolls turn out too bready (if that makes sense).

[insert picture of rolls in garbage]

If anyone has an suggestions, they would be welcome and appreciated! Thanksgiving is coming and I'm determined to figure this out.

1 comment:

megan said...

hilarious...I'm actually about to have a "roll on over" at my house next week to help others tackle this very problem! TOO MUCH FLOUR. Add the very MINIMUM amount of flour that you can get away with. It will be very sticky. Let it rise. Punch it down..it will still be a bit sticky. Throw flour on the counter and mix it into some dough. Roll it out (not sticky anymore...but beautiful!) Cut a circle and fold the circle into 3rds (one flap and then the other) lay seam side down. Phew that was wordy. Good luck.